Wednesday, August 27

About me/lifestory




Things I love:

• Turquoise (stone)/Native American jewelry








• Mexican folk art -vintage pin up prints, piñatas, hand painted signs, & Loteria memorabilia.










Obsessed with these colors since '96.







Past background: Was a photographer for The Daily Aztec at SDSU, so I have an eye for photography, but was introduced to photography in my Junior year of high school.

I soon joined the Yearbook team and became design editor. I owe my photography creative freedom to Brian Gilwee who lent me our schools new iMac (white one) just so I could practice at home over summer, and Mike Skocko (scotch-ko) my Digital Arts instructor, who bought new editions of Communication Arts & always let me look at them before anyone else. He helped award me with a mini scholarship, which was awesome. I think of these two often and imagine that if I ever leave San Diego, I will often think of my past recent instructors and be grateful for how they have influenced me and shaped me.

After my portfolio review I was so discouraged about the feedback I received as I took my reviewers comments very personally (which is bad!) and stopped designed for an entire year.


I contacted MaeLin and was able to get an internship, and later became employed at Visual Asylum, and have been there since February of 2013. I was really ashamed of my display and my portfolio and should have never felt that especially while it was very early in the process.











I am also a member of AIGA and have been since I was a student at SDSU (later City) I have been to the Y conference for 4 years now and have been lucky enough to lend a helping hand with the 2014 conference as Visual Asylum created all of the work for the conference (aka 90% was Amy).





Thanks for reading! I hope you find something useful or inspiring in my posts.


xo